Hacks To Carry A Saree More Gracefully And Comfortably
Hacks To Carry A Saree More Gracefully And Comfortably?
Buy Green Georgette Embroidery Floral Layered Lehenga Saree With Blouse For Women by Pinup By Astha Online at Aza Fashions
Steer clear of wearing ill-fitted blouses because it’s only going to add to that messiness. Also, try to keep the length of your blouse medium (not too long and not too short), making you overall look more natural and less-stuffy. Don’t try blouses with horizontal stripes, they’re only going to make you look broader. You can also try out specific sarees for short ladies while you’re out shopping for your blouses.
- But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
- We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
- Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement. In this article, we’ve included a little bit about saree draping styles to look slim. This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step.
Saree Wearing Styles For Parties
A fresh take on the Maharashtrian saree, the dhoti saree is twisted over pants to give off that fusion vibe. Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style. You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton. With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.
- Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari.
- Most of us love to wear a saree to the office but we often give up on the idea because of one of the following notions.
- During special events, pleating and folding a saree can enable you to drape it fast and efficiently while still maintaining a flawless appearance.
Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type. Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look. Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
The “Atpourey Style”
This is why the fish cut style will make you look like a pretty mermaid in your alluring chiffon saree. What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree? itf login
- The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it!
- The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here.
- It truly is up to your imagination to create one of the kind draping styles, these are just a few examples.
- It would give you the exact height and would never need readjustments.
- Just dip your toe to test the waters by layering a denim jacket over your saree to complete the look.
So, let’s discuss today what are the problems faced by a woman when she decides to wear a saree to a professional situation like our offices and business meetings.
A 101 on how to style your sari
It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good. Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree. Ensure the blouse is very well tailored and fits perfectly.
- – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders.
- It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good.
- The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels.
- Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look.
Yes, you’re cute and fun-sized but being a short girl comes with its own set of problems. Especially when it comes to wearing Indian wear, particularly a saree. But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
Pick The Right Heels
Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree. Use a high neck blouse or one with collar, avoid backless, low-line or round neck blouses.
- So in this video/post I am sharing step by step tutorial to drape silk saree perfectly.
- Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny.
- For the love of Handloom sarees and minimalistic style, this is the drape to try.
- Though not an everyday style among Bengali women any more, they still adopt this style of draping on special occasions such as Durga Puja or at family weddings.
Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion. A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees.
Here Are Simple Ways To Wear Off Shoulder Blouse On Saree
But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too. Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
- Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse.
- You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket.
- As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show.
- Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
- Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically.
These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
From different saree styles wear what suits you best!
You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff. Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari. Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades.
- Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure.
- Pleat and pin up your pallu, and swap the necklace with earrings instead to complete this look.
- Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion.
A unique feature of the saree is that different regions have their own saree draping styles. But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well. Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring. One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it. Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type.
Choose the right blouse for your body-type
In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you. You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it. Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder. Doing this will also help you get an idea of how big you want the pallu to be. Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny. Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
- Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best.
- Too much jewelry or too little can also make you look shorter.
- Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step.
- Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric.
This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu. This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree.
Learn How to Wear Butterfly Style Saree: Step by Step
It is also incredibly simple to wear and carry because of its skirt-like form. Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure. Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture. This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk.
- Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease.
- A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees.
- If traditional is what you want to retain, drape this saree the conventional way and wear it with an off shoulder, or fit-n-flair top.
- These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season.
The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive. Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days. Off-late, many innovative saree draping styles are coming into focus.
Contemporary Saree Trends To Add To Your Wardrobe
Light Pearl neck wears, and simple gold and platinum jewelry are easily accepted. Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging.
- And one of the simplest ways to do this is to use safety pins to hold the pleats in place.
- However, do make sure that you keep accessories to a minimum since the patterns will always be too much for you to handle.
- Also, try to keep the length of your blouse medium (not too long and not too short), making you overall look more natural and less-stuffy.
- Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees?
A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree. Love it or struggle with it, what none of us can ignore is the undeniable charms of the saree. Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically. Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees. Cinching your sari with a logo buckle belt or an obi belt is a fail-safe approach. Pleat and pin up your pallu, and swap the necklace with earrings instead to complete this look.
Learn How to Wear South Indian Saree: Step by Step
We all know, draping a saree to look slim is not easy. A drape can change the overall look of your saree attire.
- You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton.
- Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree.
- Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
- Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
– Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side. If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely. This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders. When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.
Pinup By AsthaGreen Georgette Embroidery Floral Layered Lehenga Saree With Blouse For Women
Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face. Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady. Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details. You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree. On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes.
It goes a long way in being able to flaunt that shape. Now, remember – the diaphanous sarees are meant to be flaunted. Flaunt your curves in the transparent saree, which is probably the most sensuous garment ever.
Learn How to Wear Cotton Saree Perfectly: Step by Step
Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look. We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
- One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses.
- When wearing a cold-shoulder, you can pull out your pallu from the cutout for a dramatic look.
- The fabric, whether it be a saree, dupatta, or scarf, is the only element that has the power to make or destroy an outfit.
- Try this offbeat look by wearing a cotton saree that looks dressy, elegant, and contemporary.
That’s because the need to reinvent the saree has always been on the mind of fashionistas. For saree styles for farewell, the indo-western saree can be a pretty choice. Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style. If you’re curvy, the butterfly saree draping style would be an amazing pick. This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly. The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts.
How to Wear a Saree For a Wedding : Saree Draping Guide
Whereas the introduction of Mysore silk sarees was done by Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raj Vadhiyar who travelled to London to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebration. He was inspired by the machine-made silk fabrics that the royal families wore. He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees. Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families.
- Make sure the petticoat is never visible beneath the saree or at the foot.
- On an off-shoulder blouse, ladies often get confused.
- The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market.
- Khadi, Cotton, Tusshar, Linen are some of the best material choices for a professional saree.
- So opt for smaller prints, as they flow better with the fabric and make you look leaner and taller.
Basically, big prints cover more space, which is the first reason why you shouldn’t opt for them in a sari. They make you look broader than you are, and there won’t be a ‘break’ in the pattern.
Pinup By AsthaBlue Organza Embroidery Floral Round Saree With Blouse For Women
The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels. To get the saree tucked properly, you should use a handful of safety pins . For darping a saree perfectly, you must keep these things in mind. You can either go with a stick-on bra or a strapless bra. Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc. When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best.
Two pins, one on top and one in the center, should be used to secure the pleats. In this method, the possibility of pleats unfolding is less and the pin in the middle ensures that they are arranged nicely. Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place. Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning. Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric. To know the exact length of your saree, you should wear your heels (footwear) before draping it.